Monday, May 30, 2011

SEVERE HEADACHES, MIGRAINES, FACIAL PAIN or TMD RELIEF : DR SHAPIRA CAN ARRANGE THREE DAY EVALUATION AND TREATMENT APPOINTMENT IN HIS OFFICE.

DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO FOR PAIN RELIEF?

I frequently receive requests for referrals from across the country for patients with severe pain problems. While I usually try to find a Neuromuscular Dentist close to where you live some patients need more a very experienced practioner. I have been treating chronic pain for over 34 years since graduating dental school. While in school I was a pain patient and often experienced severe headaches and facial pain that even excessive doses of Fiorinal #3 did not touch.

Some patients who have been in severe pain want relief as soon as possible and I understand wanting to experience relief as soon as possible. A "JUMP START" appointment in my office is possible. My team can arrange a 3 day visit where we start with diagnostics on the first morning and deliver a neuromuscular orthotic in the afternoon. We can utilize SPG blocks, trigger point injections and other modalities to achieve rapid results.

I work with Dr Mark Freund who can arrange for an Atlas Axis evaluation and do Atlas-Orthogonol adjustments, if indicated.

Prior to making an appointment I require that patients submit an extensive history as well as fill out some forms.

I like patients to give me a complete history of their pain, what age it started, any history of trauma and/or surgical proceedures as well as a list of previous treatments, length of treatment and success of treatment. I will personally review this information before you are accepted as a patient. I see a maximum of two patients/month for "JUMP START" treatment due to time and scheduling constraints.

My team will arrange for a convenient hotel near the office. This is the same hotel I use for doctors and their teams when I give course. My patients fly in Sunday I meet with them at 8 AM and do an exam followed by a neuromuscular work-up. This takes approximately 4 hours. I then customize a Diagnostic Neuromuscular Orthotic in the afternoon.

I clearly want all patients to understand that there are no guarantees of success.

If we are successful in eliminating or relieving your pain and dysfunction significantly and you believe that you are substantially improved we will schedule ongoing visits as needed. The Diagnostic Orthotic is for initial treatment, healing and short-term stabilization. Long term stabilization is frequently required and can take many different forms. These alternatives will be discussed but may take many forms such as long-term orthotics, orthodontics, reconstruction, surgery. Each patient is unique so your treatment will be customized for you.